i’m planning to teach more sewing and pattern drafting workshops this year at my studio in Kerhonkson, NY. my ideal format for teaching is smaller chunks of time (usually 2-hour sessions), over several weeks, so that information can be absorbed in digestible portions, with time in between to process and work. obviously, this only works if the class is local to both teacher and student. i will also offer some one-day classes, on weekends when i’m not teaching elsewhere.
to be the first to find out when i post classes, subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of this page!
group classes in my studio will be small, from 2-4 students, so you will get lots of one-on-one attention. i also offer private classes; contact me for details. if you will be taking a class with me here, these are my policies. by registering for a class, you hereby agree to these terms:
- to register for a class, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- you must register and pay in advance to reserve your spot in a class. all classes have a minimum and maximum number of students. payment by check is preferred, and i will hold your check until we have the minimum number of students.
- the exact address of my studio will be given to you upon registration, but it’s right in the heart of Kerhonkson, NY, just off Rte. 209.
- please arrive for class no more than 10 minutes before the start time, as i will be setting up and preparing for the workshop.
- if you miss a class, please email me and i will tell you what you can do to catch up if possible, and i may be able to meet with you just before the following class for 10-15 minutes. there will be no refunds or make-ups for missed classes, but we can schedule a private lesson if needed, for an additional fee.
- if i need to cancel a class due to weather, illness or emergency, i will schedule a make-up session, most likely the same day/time, one week after the original end date.
- some homework will likely be required between classes to finish the project by the end of the last class session. i can’t guarantee you will finish, but if you work diligently during class, you should be able to accomplish most projects in the time allotted.
- you are welcome (encouraged, even!) to bring a snack and drink to keep you energized and happy. there aren’t many nearby options besides Stewart’s.