new class alert! to get the new year of classes at my studio rolling, i thought it’d be fun to try something NEW! i made myself a Wiksten Haori jacket last year (it was part of my Make Nine), and it became my wear-everywhere coat from Spring to Fall. and wherever i went, people told me how much they loved it… leading me to quickly surmise what a perfect project for a class it would be, as it’s so simple to sew, but quite impressive to wear.
if you have basic sewing skills with a few simple projects under your belt, but want to build your confidence and start making garments, this is the class for you! here’s a boatload of inspiration to get your wheels turning…
to register, or if you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. all classes will require payment in advance (by check or Paypal), and a minimum number of students to run. the exact address will be provided when you register. deadline to register is February 1. please read my class policies; by registering for a class you agree to honor them.
Wiksten Haori Jacket workshop
Held at my studio in Kerhonkson, NY
Wednesdays, February 6, 13, 20 (skips 2/27) & March 6 from 6-8pm
Four 2-hour classes, $200
In this advanced-beginner level class, you’ll learn how to work from a sewing pattern and produce a gorgeous, reversible jacket with a lining and pockets. Many style variations (different lengths, pockets, collar widths and fabric placement) make this a project you’ll make again and again, in different fabrics for every season.
Note: Students must bring their own machine to class.
- Sewing machine + extension cord
- Wiksten Haori jacket pattern (print or PDF, but PDF must be printed and taped together at start of first session)
- 1 3/4 to 3 yards (depending on size and length chosen, see pattern envelope for details) medium-weight cotton, linen or other woven fabric for jacket
- 2 1/4 to 4 yards light- to medium-weight cotton, linen or other woven fabric for lining
- All-purpose thread to match
- Basic sewing kit: scissors, pins & cushion, tape measure, ruler, seam ripper, tailor’s chalk